Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tasty Thursdays

Today is the beginning of a feature I call "Tasty Thursdays" which simply means I will be cooking/baking something yummy to share with everyone. It's another way to actually go thru my 2011 resolution - trying a new recipe every week.

So, today's Tasty Thursday treat is Veggie Bow tie Pasta. It's simple enough but I never made white sauce paste on my own. I just ate the yummy one that's at Go Roma's. If you haven't been there you must go asap! The food is so delicious!  Anyways back to my restaurant, I don't have the actual recipe but I will attempt to create it with little bit of help. 

Well, my help came from this white sauce recipe. It's a very basic, simple recipe that is yummy! Then I added to the sauce:

1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup broccoli,
dash of salt, pepper, red chili powder
Let it simmer until the veggies are tender.
Then I added the al dente farfelle pasta to the saucepan and mixed it nicely.
I sprinkled a generous amount of parmesan cheese

And then, Voila!
 

That's my pretty pasta!

I'm glad I finally learned how to make it. It's always good to learn something new no matter how hard or simple it is. It's also hard to write a recipe when you are guesstimating the spices. Anyways, I hope you like it.

From my table to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment